TERMS & CONDITIONS
Last updated October 19, 2021
www.eternallines.lk (“the Website” or “the Site” or “Eternal Lines”) and the Mobile Application (the “App”, or “Mobile App”) for Accessing the Site is an online matchmaking platform for those who seek life partners. This Site facilitates potential grooms and brides to meet for serious relationships and marriage.
The Site is managed and maintained by Eternal Lines PTY LTD, registration number ACN 650 847 279 and having its registered address at 2/23 Foster Street Surry Hills NSW 2010 Australia, operating as Eternal Lines.
The matchmaking services provided by Eternal Lines is for the personal use of individual members to advertise and promote their profiles to find relevant matches and cannot be used for any commercial purpose.
3. Acceptance of Eternal Lines Terms
To use the services of this Site, you must first register as a paying member on the Website or Mobile App. These Terms are an electronic Agreement that legally binds you. You must accept these Terms to enter and use the Site. It should be noted that the term "Member" in this Agreement, means a person who consents to provide information to the Site and uses the services as a paid member. By the mere act of using this Site or App, you agree to be bound by these Terms. Further, to use this Service, you agree to submit your personal information, to collect, display, process, and use by Eternal Lines to provide you the relevant Services. To retract this consent given, you must stop using our Service and delete your account.
Before you create an account with Eternal Lines, make certain you are eligible to use our Services. By using our Services, you represent and warrant that:
- a.You are at least 18 years of age (or attained the age of majority in the country you have domicile);
- b.You have the authority, right, consent, and legal capacity to enter into a binding contract with Eternal Lines;
- c.You do not have any known legal impediment(s) to use our services;
- d.You are not prevented or prohibited by any applicable law restraining you from marrying;
- e.You will open only one account with this Site; and
- f.You were not previously removed from our Services by us unless you have our express written permission to create a new account.
If at any time you cease to meet these basic requirements, you must immediately delete your account.
If at any time Eternal Lines is of the view (in its sole discretion) or has any reason to believe that you cannot become a member or that you have made any misrepresentation, Eternal Lines reserves the right to immediately terminate your membership without any refund to you.
During the registration process to the Site, we ask you to create your unique log in details. You are responsible for managing and maintaining your login details such as the Password and User Name. Therefore, you are solely responsible for all activities that result under your account. Further, you agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security and confirm that you will log out from your account at the end of each session.
6. Termination and Term
This Agreement will be considered valid as long as you use the Site.
- a.You may terminate your membership through your profile, at any time, for any reason. In the event you terminate your membership, you will not be entitled to a refund of any subscription fees that remain unutilized in your account.
- b.Eternal Lines may terminate your access to the Site and/or your membership for any reason including but not limited to using the service for any commercial purpose, any breach of the Terms, engaging in inappropriate or prohibited activity or communication. Eternal Lines will notify you of your termination of account by sending a notice to you at the email address provided by you in your application for membership or such other email address as you may have later provided to Eternal Lines. If Eternal Lines terminates your membership for breach of terms of this Agreement, you will not be entitled to any refund of any Subscription fees, if any, paid by you.
- c.Some provisions of this Agreement may survive the termination and remain in full force and effect.
7. Non-Commercial Use by Members
This Site is strictly for the personal use of individually registered members to advertise and promote their profiles as potential Brides and Grooms to find relevant matches. This Site cannot be used for any commercial purposes. This includes providing links to other web sites, whether they are considered as direct competitors of Eternal Lines or not. Organizations, businesses, and/or companies cannot become members of Eternal Lines and should not use the Site for any purpose. Unauthorized uses of the Site, including unauthorized linking to the Eternal Lines Site will be investigated, and appropriate legal action will be taken, including without limitation, civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
8. Proprietary Rights in the Content of the Site
Eternal Lines owns and retains all proprietary rights in the Eternal Lines Site and the App. The Site contains the trademarks, copyrighted material, and other proprietary information of Eternal Lines. Except for the information in the public domain like member profiles or for which permission has been obtained from the user, you cannot transmit, modify, copy, publish, distribute, display, perform, or sell any such proprietary information. Any such attempt or act on your part shall be construed as a violation of these Terms and your membership will be terminated without refund of any fees. Eternal Lines reserves the right to take legal action (criminal and/or civil) wherever applicable for any violations.
9. Content Posted on the Eternal Lines Site.
- a.You agree and understand that Eternal Lines can delete any content, listing, communication, profiles, or photos ("Content") that in the sole view of Eternal Lines violate these Terms or which might be, illegal, offensive or that might violate the rights, threaten, or harm, the safety of either Eternal Lines and/or its members.
- b.With respect to Content you submit to the Site including but not limited to your contact details, you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally grant Eternal Lines the license to store, use, reproduce, distribute, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works, publicly display such Content on the Site and to the members of Eternal Lines community site(s) from time to time.
- c.You understand and hereby agree that all Content made available to Eternal Lines are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated and shall be at the member's/person's/Individual’s sole risks and consequences. This means that you (and not Eternal Lines) will be solely responsible for all Content that you upload, email, post, transmit, or otherwise make available through the Site. Eternal Lines does not control the Content posted by you and, as such, does not guarantee the integrity, quality, or accuracy of such Content. Eternal Lines will not be liable for any Content, including, but not limited to, any omissions or errors in any Content or any damage or loss of any kind incurred as a consequence of the use of any Content emailed, posted, transmitted, or made available through the Service. Eternal Lines reserves the right to verify the authenticity of Content posted on this Site. In exercising this right, Eternal Lines may ask you to provide any documentation or other type of evidence supporting the Content you post on the Site. If you fail to provide such evidence, Eternal Lines can terminate your membership without any refund.
- d.Below is a list of Content that is prohibited or illegal on the Site. Eternal Lines will investigate and take legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates these Terms, including removing the offensive Content from the Site and terminate the membership without any refund.
- Illegal Content includes:
- ●Sending "chain letters”, "junk mail", or "spamming";
- ●Which is purposely offensive to the community, such as Content that promotes hatred, bigotry, racism, or physical harm against any individual or group;
- ●Harasses or supports harassment of another person;
- ●Solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18, provides material that exploits people under the age of 18, sexually or violently;
- ●Displays sexually explicit material of any kind or gestures or images indicative of the same;
- ●Asks for passwords or personal identifying information for unlawful and/or commercial purposes from other users;
- ●Endorses information that you know is misleading, false, or promotes illegal activities or behavior that is threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, or obscene;
- ●Endorses unauthorized or illegal copies of another person's copyrighted work, such as pirated programs or links to them, provide information to avoid manufacture’s copy-protect devices;
- ●Engages in commercial activities such as competitions, advertising, lottery, and pyramid schemes without prior written consent from the Site;
- ●Provides instructions about illegal activities such as creating computer viruses, or violating someone's privacy;
- ●Mentioning in your profile, telephone numbers, street addresses, email addresses, and URLs can be visible to other members. These should always remain confidential. Disclosing to another party would be a violation of these Terms.
10. Eternal Lines Copyright Policy
You should not distribute, reproduce, or post any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without first obtaining the prior written consent of the owner.
On the other hand, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Eternal Lines service that establishes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information:
- a.The physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- b.A clear description of the copyrighted work that you claim to have been infringed;
- c.A description of the location of the material (on the Site) that you claim is infringing;
- d.Your contact details such as an address, telephone number, and email address;
- e.A written statement by you that you believe in good faith that the disputed User is not authorized by the copyright owner, agent, or the law;
- f.A statement by you, confirming that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- g.Notice of claims of copyright infringement can be sent to us in writing toof Eternal Lines.
11. Member Disputes
You are responsible for your interactions/communications with other Eternal Lines’ members. Eternal Lines reserves the right, but is under no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members. Eternal Lines also reserves the right to take suitable action against members who violate general norms of behaviour. However, Eternal Lines is not under any obligation to share such action with other members, including the party making the complaint. Eternal Lines denies any liability or responsibility for any transactions or interactions among members.
- a.Eternal Lines is not accountable for any inaccurate Content or listing posted on the Site or in connection with any Eternal Lines Service, whether caused by members, users, or by any programming or equipment related with or used in the Service nor for the behavior of any user and/or member of the Eternal Lines Service whether online or offline.
- b.The exchange of matchmaking profile(s) through Eternal Lines is not a matrimonial offer or recommendation from Eternal Lines. Eternal Lines shall not be responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever to any individual arising out of, or subsequent to, any relations (including but not limited to breach of promise of marriage or matrimonial relations) established pursuant to the use of Eternal Lines service.
- c.Eternal Lines denies any accountability for any interruption, defect, error, omission, deletion, delay in operation or transmission communications line failure, destruction or theft or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, User and member communications or any communications by Eternal Lines to its members.
- d.Eternal Lines is not accountable for any problems relating to technical malfunction of any computer systems, telephone network, servers or service providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or internet traffic, or damage and/or injury to users and/or members or to any other person's computer in relation to or resulting and in connection with the Eternal Lines Services.
- e.Under no circumstances will Eternal Lines be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone's use of the Site or the Service. You must not give your financial information (such as your bank account or credit card information), or wire or otherwise send money, to other members.
- f.Eternal Lines expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability whatsoever arising as a result of any Content or listing posted on the Site or made available to Eternal Lines by any users or members of the Site or any third party.
- g.Eternal Lines does not assume any liability or responsibility for any illegal Content posted on the Site by any user, member, or any third party.
- h.All liability (whether criminal or civil) arising out of any Content Posted on the Site will be of that user/member/third party who has posted such Content and Eternal Lines reserves its right to claim damages from such user/member/third party that it may suffer as a result of such Content posted on the Site.
14. Eternal Lines Limitation on Liability
Eternal Lines will not be liable to you or any third party for any exemplary, incidental, indirect, punitive consequential, special damages, or lost profits arising from your use of the Site or the Eternal Lines Service, even if Eternal Lines has been advised of the likelihood of such damages. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, Eternal Lines's liability to you for any reason whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for the Services during the term of membership.
All payments to Eternal Lines should be paid only through the methods made available on this Site. Payments made through Eternal Lines using your Credit Card or Debit Card are safe. We do not accept/solicit cash payments at any time.
16. Jurisdiction/Dispute Resolution
The parties agree that these Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Victoria in Australia. In case of any dispute relating to this Agreement, the parties shall first attempt to resolve this amicably, and failing which shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in the State of Victoria in Australia.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Eternal Lines, its affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, officers, and other employees and partners, from any loss, liability, demand, or claim, (including reasonable attorney's fees) made by any third party arising out of or due to your use of the Service in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of these Terms and/or any breach of your warranties and representations mentioned above and/or any fraudulent act on your part.
- a.This Agreement, accepted upon use of the Site and further affirmed by becoming a member of the Eternal Lines service, contains the entire agreement between you and Eternal Lines regarding the use of the Site and/or the Service. If any provision of this Term is found to be invalid, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- b.By becoming a member of Eternal Lines and/or using the Services of this Site, you irrevocably and unconditionally confirm that you have read and understood the above provisions and agree to abide by them.
- c.Eternal Lines reserves the right to review the activity for each account and if necessary, block access to the member based on such review.
- d.Eternal Lines members who subscribe to this Site and services hereby, irrevocably, and unconditionally confirm that you have read these Terms carefully and agree to abide by them.
- e.You confirm that you do not have any objection to receiving messages, emails, and calls from Eternal Lines and members of Eternal Lines as long as you are a registered member of Eternal Lines.
- f.Multiple profiles of the same individual are not allowed on this Site. Eternal Lines reserves the right to deactivate all multiple profiles without any refund of fees.
- g.You confirm that the Content, including the personal information provided by you, is accurate.
- h.You cannot solicit or advertise to other members to sell or buy any products or services through the Site.
- i.You cannot send any junk emails or chain letters to other Eternal Lines members. Even though Eternal Lines cannot monitor the conduct of its Members off the Eternal Lines site (offline), it is a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from other members on this Site to abuse, harass, or harm another person, or to solicit, contact, advertise, or sell to any member without their prior explicit consent.
- j.Eternal Lines reserves the right to take appropriate steps to protect Eternal Lines and/or its members from any abuse or misuse of the Site as it sees fit in its sole discretion.
- k.You cannot use any automated systems (including Bots) or any other scripts or programs to view content on or interact / communicate / respond / contact with Eternal Lines Site and / or its members.
- l.Eternal Lines reserves the right to monitor communications that you may send to other member(s) of Eternal Lines and also regulate the same by removing unnecessary/obscene communications at any time at its sole discretion without prior notice to any such individual/member.
- m.As mentioned in these Terms Eternal Lines members are expected to adhere to simple precautionary measures to safeguard their safety and privacy. By becoming a Member of Eternal Lines you hereby agree to abide by and adhere to the said measures.
19. Confidentiality Information
You may come across certain Site information which is confidential in nature. This information could be of Eternal Lines and/or its affiliates, including without limitation contractual, technical, pricing, product, marketing, program, and other information that may be considered valuable and should reasonably be understood as confidential ("Confidential Information"). You must hold such Confidential Information in strict confidence. All right, title and interest in the Confidential Information shall always remain with Eternal Lines and its affiliates.
This obligation does not apply to Confidential Information which: (a) you possessed prior to your receipt from Eternal Lines, without an obligation to maintain its confidentiality; (b) becomes publicly known through no breach of confidential obligation by you; (c) is disclosed to a third party without a similar restriction, without any obligation to keep such information confidential; (d) is developed without the use of Confidential Information and without the contribution of individuals who have had access to it, or (e) pursuant to a requirement imposed by a government agency or is otherwise required to be disclosed by operation of law, except that prior to any disclosure pursuant to this subsection, you shall notify Eternal Lines and shall allow the Eternal Lines to participate in objecting to production of the Confidential Information.
20. Entire Agreement
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Eternal Lines regarding the use of the Site and/or the Service. This version shall cancel and supersede any prior versions of the Terms. You may not assign or otherwise transfer the Terms, or any right granted hereunder.